Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Know Your Pocomoke

A day may come when the courage of Pocomoke fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of Pocomoke comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

1. In their younger and more vulnerable years, Tom and James used to go trick-or-treating together as characters from Star Trek. Which characters did they choose?

2. Who used Pocomoktoberfest as an opportunity to avenge a hootenany, and against whom?

3. To which individuals (either residents or friends of Pocomoke) do the following nicknames belong? Extra credit for last names.

a) Hot$crotch
b) JSizzle
c) Heavy D

5 Comments:

Lydia said...

1. ... I think Tom went as Sprock (I see a resemblance) and James was Captain Kirk

2. Nico avenged Old Bear, and Old Bear informed the attackee of where to locate a 'torpedo'

3. a) Matthew Goodwin b) James Goodwin c)Richard Beckman

Nam, Ali? What are your answers? ;-)

Al said...

1. ok, don't know star trek AT ALL and tried to look it up on wikipedia. BIG MISTAKE. whoever wrote that entry has WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands and I don't have the patience to read about all 500 characters.

2.gonna guess that JG hootenannied MG which I think is another way of reiterating Lydia's answer above. Sorry Lydia!

3.I forget what the third question was. CRAP. oh yea, nicknames. I know none of them so I'm useless on this one!

Was it just me or was this week's trivia particuarly challenging? Probably just me!

Namo, weigh in!

Bex said...

I'm pretty sure Tom was Captain Kirk and James was the red-shirt that always got killed.

Namita said...

Ah, sorry it took so long for me to get around to my answers.

1. Al, it kills me that you wikipedia'd star trek. I know zero star trek characters, but I'm gonna go with Scotty (as in, Beam Me up -- that's something, right?), annnnd, Captain Kirk, sure. You guys are total losers for dressing up as star trek, by the way.

2. I am going to guess Tom and JG on this one -- Tom avenged JG.

3. Hot$crotch is Tom, JSizzle is JS, but of course I have no idea what his last name is, and Heavy D, hmmm, as I typed that, I heard the words "Heavy D up in the limousine" which is weird cause i don't even know where that came from. Clearly I have latent rap lyrics stuck in my head. So no clue, but MG for good measure.

Lydia said...

I'd like to make a correction to 3b ... my final answer is John Stephen Taylor

(Namita, I'm not copying, just realizing my mistake)